Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Random thoughts of a conflicted mind. #2

Yeah am back again…whatever. So, I’ve been listening to some different off beat music for a while now, some jazz, blues and scores of independent artists. I’ve grown up listening to metal and what not for years; lately I’ve fallen in love with Porcupine Tree. (All over again).

If you haven’t heard their music, you probably haven’t heard good music. Go listen, highly recommended.

Anyway…yeah with the winters already here…the weather is amazing, as a photographers point of view as well as the random point of view. The chill and the isolation are beautiful. And what’s better is if you have nothing to do at early morning 7 am and sit at a chai walah sipping garam garam chai and listening to sweet melodious voice of Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree).

The other day a random out of the blue conversation between a friend and me at the roadside chai walah got me thinking. Maybe it was the overdose of Porcupine Tree or just another passing thought, but in the end I came back to the question…why?

We enter an elevator and stand facing the door. Why?

We will never sit on the footpath next to a beggar, and silently look at people passing by all worked up in their busy lives. Why?

Why are we so scared to click photographs of people on the streets?

Why do we think so much?

We always say “Kaam karna hai, I will study my ass off and want to make money and live a lavish life!” why?

In the end why so many why’s?

I guess it’s just another random thought of a conflicted mind.

Just by the way, here’s a link to one of Porcupine Tree’s song. LISTEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment