Monday, May 16, 2011

Delhi


So, I’ve been away for a while. Somehow or the other, life finds a way to stick a big stick up ones ass, somewhat the same happened to me. Studies, with the help of college entrance preparation barley left me time to just sit and think. Now, that every thing is out of the way, I can sit around, read books and most importantly, go in a peaceful state of mind.

So I figured, I can ramble here more often.

I met few friends a while back, and that led to a little bit of smoking up. One joint down, I was pretty laid back and in a peaceful state of mind, I started to think, traveling home in a DTC bus. The ride itself, is an experience, people should have. I’m not talking about those mid afternoons empty bus rides, but the peak hours in the evening when everyone is returning home.

Firstly, getting into a crowded over crowded bus is a challenge in itself. One can spend hours, figuring out the correct and safe way in. Trust me when I say this, there isn’t any. Once inside, you are surrounded with people from every caste and class of life. Surrounded by these common men; and tripping on that joint, I started thinking. If one needs to figure out what the common man really wants, they should totally get into a bus and travel with them.

I wonder, if any Prime Minister or Chief Minister even will ever get into one. I saw loads of faces around me, thought about taking a few portrait shots, but was too squeezed in between people to reach my camera. Now, to think about it…I’m going to travel more in buses to try and capture that one image about the ‘aam janta’, common man. With, possibly only few more weeks left for me in Delhi before I’m packed of to college, I am going to try and capture as much of this city as I can. Will upload some here too and some on my facebook page. Some frames will be available for sale too, details coming soon.

Street photography should be fun. Constructive criticism is welcome on the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment