Friday, June 10, 2011

Altered State of Consciousness


For the people who don’t know, since Shaurya, a really close friend passed away, my consumption of psychedelic drugs has increased. Yes, one can say I am a pot head. But, I would still not suggest that for your daily consumption or if you are a kid. I don’t do psychedelics because I find it cool, for most of the time I have tried to reach within myself and seek answers. I have been to places far beyond the reasons of human mind. I have seen and felt things hard to explain. I’ve been to the other side, drifting through time and space but I know for certain, I have a voice calling me back to reality when I’m done.

I have a deeper connection with myself. I understand the purpose. For what and how I think, is not how you’d react to your surroundings. I have started to view things from a different aspect, from another angle. Things don’t fall in the same black and white/ positive and negative anymore, they are somewhere in between. I have tried my best to push my mental boundaries; I have tried to reach out to the greater good. I know, in the process I may put my self at danger. But, now I have embraced the fact that change is good. Whatever happens, it will be for the good. I return a different person every time. Someway or the other I change. I know it is hard to digest the fact when someone talks like this, but that is the bitter truth.

I feel more connected to life, to nature and on the whole to human existence. Life is too short to sit and worry. Most times, I push harder to go back through meditation and deep thinking. Being in the altered state of consciousness has thought me to embrace my desires and work towards them. I have seen and felt things that till today, when I think about them make the hair on my skin stand up. I have had out of body experiences and I have felt the spiral within me, I have seen it front of my eyes, I have hallucinated.

Life is different now. I am coming in terms with my flaws. But, I continue to push my boundaries and keep going. I have taken mind altering substances to go to places I thought I’d never go to, but now I want to try and go there without psychedelic drugs.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment